Saturday, February 23, 2013

XXXIII. The sense of normality

   I'd like to keep this post short and sweet, and I'll do a quick sum up of the last week.
   For two days it began to really feel like spring, and lots of the snow melted, but then it got cold again, and right now it's snowing, so obviously winter is still fighting hard.
   I went to school like normal and tried my best on the Biology test. I also planned a movie night with the girls from my class, so they came over last night, and we had a blast. It was really awesome that I could get almost all of them together just to hang out. They are all really sweet; they brought me a present and offered to help clean up afterwards, which honestly really surprised me.

Some of the girls at our movie night!



I just got some photos from when I went skiing earlier this month, so here you go. This was a practice slope, so it's not very steep, but it was perfect for beginners like me.

Just like a pro. :)

   Life is getting a lot easier for me here, but I still get into situations where I feel really dumb. For example, I was alone at home a couple days ago, and a delivery guy rang the doorbell. He talked to me in Swiss-German, and I understood just enough to get that the package was for the neighbors, and he wanted to leave it with me so that they could pick it up there.
   I think I might have said about two words to him, so he probably thought I was really dumb, but at least he didn't realize I was foreign and didn't switch to English. I was kind of embarrassed about the whole ordeal, but I was proud of myself for handling it and even knowing that I had to give him my signature. It paid off later when our neighbor came over and gave me a chocolate bar. That made me happy.
   My life may not seem to be super exciting right now, but I am enjoying it thoroughly. Perhaps this sense of normality makes it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment