Friday, January 11, 2013

XXVII. Back to school

   I know that as my first post for the new year (Happy New Year by the way), it's been a little delayed. I will admit that after being really lazy for two weeks of no-school, I became even lazier once I got home from school everyday this week. To say the least, I much prefer vacation.
   Not that school doesn't have its perks -- like seeing my friends and learning German -- but it can still be very tiring.
   Ironically, my least favorite day of the week is Friday. My schedule goes like this:


  • Violin lesson
  • Math - today we had a test, but for me it wasn't too hard
  • Physics - not very exciting
  • Biology - got my grade back for a group project that I barely helped out with
  • Special German Class for German-Challenged Students (aka foreign-exchange students) with Applications in Invasion of Precious Lunchtime - extremely boring
  • Very Short Lunch - stressful
  • English (half class) - we read a fairy tale
  • English (whole class) - we watched a movie and then went over our last test. I still haven't gotten a perfect paper back. It's almost embarrassing.
  • Chemistry - we learned all about what Enthropie and Enthalpie are and how to calculate ΔG with ΔH and ΔS and decide if a reaction occurs spontaneously or not. I'm pretty sure I will fail the test next week.
  • Chemistry - a further explanation of the above topic with an extra worksheet that only confused me more. I'm still pretty sure I will fail the test next week.
   My last class ended at 4:40, and conveniently the bus arrived at the nearest bus stop at 4:39 (sense the sarcasm here?), so I had to wait for the bus at 5:09. I find lots of excuses to ride the bus (like having to take my violin to school, or it being slightly rainy), but I did actually manage to ride my bike several times this week (to burn off the extra 1 pound that I've gained since the beginning of my exchange).
   Of course, now that vacation is over my teachers seem to be giving us all tests or projects. I have to help a very procrastinating group in my German class with a photo story for that extremely boring book that I never finished. As I said, today we had a Math test, and we already had a Geography test this week. Next week I have to make a speech (my teacher is allowing me to do it in English, since otherwise it would be almost impossible). Next week we also have an Economy test and that ominous Chemistry test. Not even being an exchange student saves me from the stress of school.
   Unfortunately, I haven't taken any pictures recently, so you won't be seeing any beautiful mountainsides on this post. However, it is official: I am going skiing in about 2 weeks! I have never skied before in my life, so this will definitely be a first. I'm just praying that I don't break any bones because that would be doubly tragic (I'd probably have to go home, and I would have to endure a broken bone).
   All in all, it is now the weekend, and besides having to do some actual schoolwork, I will try to relax. And eat chocolate. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment